What is Bridle Work?
This is a group of eight exercises that are taught from the ground to help you build riding cues. When you are ready to ride, you will transfer the cues that you taught from the ground to riding under saddle.
- The first cue is getting the horse to go forward
- The second cue is creating a bend to soften the whole body of the horse
- The third cue is disengaging the haunches
- The fourth cue is the one-rein stop from the ground
- The fifth cue is one-rein back up
- The sixth cue is shoulders over
- The seventh cues is turn on haunches
- The eight is a one-rein side pass